Sunday, March 4, 2007

Beginnings

Everything must have a beginning that is fact; therefore all needle craft projects must have a beginning. Here is a picture of the beginning of my latest project:


You may think that this is just a cone of yarn, yet in my imagination it is a beautiful shawl waiting to be let loose. After struggling for several hours trying to conceive of the best way to create the shawl I concluded the a simple garter stitch pattern would do, considering my inexperience with lace knitting. The result thus far is a triangle which size continues to increase:



Part 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures you are taking.

Andrea said...

Thank you!

elizapett said...

Hey I love the stuff you've made. I had no idea you had completed so many projects. The new shawl you plan to make looks really nice and I loved seeing your completed scarf. It reminds me of the colours of the sea!